Phone Phishing on a massive scale

(Monica Lee) #1

Recently, our main line has been bombarded with calls that appeared to be from various companies (the caller ID would say Price Waterhouse or Restricted), and the caller would try to phish for contact information on specific individuals within our organization. Sometimes, they would take up all of our open lines for 10 minutes straight.

We can’t block the phone numbers, because the calls are coming from different numbers and sometimes the caller ID info is restricted.

Does anyone have any experience or advice on what we can do about this?

(Edwin Eekelaers) #2

Check wit your telco provider. If they refuse then the request may have to come via the police.

(micah christopher pendleton) #3

Yeah, report. I knew how do do this method of bombarding the phone lines by making them get unlimited amount of calls, knew how, dont do. I hated putting stuff on craigslist, offerup because 97% off the calls were scams and always wanted to send a cashiers check that they can use to empty me after i deposit it.

(Warren White M.S. Cybersecurity) #4

I had the same issue, where I was getting multiple calls a day but it was from the same organization. They were asking for my personal information and expected me to give it to someone I couldn’t trust let alone for services I didn’t want. I ended blocking every one of their phone numbers they sent me. Though it is not effective it worked over a period of time…